Okay, this is probably the easiest homemade cheesecake I have ever made. Which is why I’m calling it a “cheater” cheesecake. It isn’t as pretty as a full-blown springform pan, perfectly made cheesecake. But it still tastes good. Whenever I whip up this recipe, it lasts maybe two days at our house if my husband is lucky. Normally, when my kids dig into it, it’s gone in no time, and he finds that he’s maybe gotten 1-2 pieces of the whole thing. Maybe 1 piece if some of my kids’ friends were over.
I tried to keep it simple by using only a few ingredients and very little kitchen equipment.
Also, I did cut back on sugar, sooooo this could technically be considered a low-sugar recipe. Healthy cheesecake, right!?
If you do like it sweeter, you can definitely add more sugar. I think a normal cheesecake of this size would have around 1/2 cup sugar. I use 1/4, so if the tang of the yogurt/cream cheese isn’t for you, just add more sweetener.
Oh, and I added Greek yogurt, so, again, healthy cheesecake. 😉
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 8-oz. bricks cream cheese
- 1 5.3 oz. carton Greek yogurt (I use Oikos raspberry or strawberry, but have also used key lime. Also, So Delicious raspberry coconut yogurt makes a tasty cheesecake as well.)
- 1/4 cup sugar (add up to 1/2 cup if you like it sweeter)
- 2 eggs
Here’s what I do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, add graham crackers and process until they are crumbs. Add melted butter, and pulse until mixed in. (If you like a sweeter crust, add 2 Tbsp. sugar to the crust mixture.)
- Pour into a pie pan and press down with your hands.
- Wipe out food processor with a paper towel.
- Add cream cheese to food processor and blend until smooth. Add sugar and yogurt and blend until smooth again. Scrape down the sides with a spatula as you complete these steps.
- Add eggs and blend until just combined. Pour mixture into your crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
- You can eat it as is (which is what my daughter prefers), or you can top it with a strawberry sauce, or like I did here, strawberry rhubarb jam. You could also use fresh fruit. Or you could drizzle it with chocolate sauce.
I just made this yesterday, and it’s half gone already. 🙂
Hope you are having a beautifully cheery summer day!