So this is called breakfast pizza, but when we have it, it’s normally for supper.
The main reason for that is I usually am not one to get up early to cook a hot breakfast. So when we have this for breakfast, it’s because we’re eating it left over from the night before. 😉
(It’s honestly pretty good left over, too.)
Back in the day when I was on the high school speech team, we would have to get on the bus extra early in the morning. A teammate’s dad would occasionally make a breakfast pizza for us. I think this is how he made it.
Regardless, it’s how I tried to recreate it, and my family likes it.
If you are planning on making this in the morning, you can make the eggs and meat the night before and put them in the fridge. That saves a lot of time.
- Pizza dough, however you like to make or buy it. I make mine in the bread machine.
- 1 dozen eggs (or 10, or 11…whatever you have)
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled (or if you are like us, deer sausage)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Here’s what to do:
1. Make pizza dough. (If you are using store bought, you can skip this step.)
Bread Machine Pizza Crust
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Add liquid ingredients into bread pan. Then add salt and flour. Finally, add yeast on top. Set your bread machine to the dough setting and leave. Go do something fun. My machine takes 1 1/2 hours to make the dough.
2. Prep your meat and eggs. You can do just bacon or just sausage….or both! Scramble your eggs.
I like to cook my bacon in the oven. No worrying about flipping and no splattering mess.
Drain the bacon on paper towels. Then chop.
I’m using sausage, too, so I am just browning it in a pan.
Scramble the eggs to your liking.
3. Prepare pizza crust. I am using an 11×13 pan lined with parchment paper. Parbake it in a 425 degree oven for 6 minutes. (Parbaking is optional, but I like to do it to ensure I don’t have soggy crust.)
Roll out the dough. Prick it with a fork if you don’t want it to get too puffy.
4. Assemble the pizza.
Add the eggs first.
Next, add lots of shredded cheddar cheese.
Finally, add your meat.
5. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is done.
Serve and enjoy!