I am barefoot most of the time.
My husband wears socks most of the time.
He has baby-soft skin on his feet.
I, on the other hand, do not…. to say the least.
This year I wanted to try to keep up with my summer feet. I am usually fairly lazy when it comes to that. 😉 That laziness leads to not-so-pretty heels…heels that sometimes crack. (Ewww…I know!)
The first night I got it, I was trying it out in my bathroom. I had thought that my husband had gone to sleep. When I went to bed, I noticed he was still awake.
“You’re still up?”
“Well you had your grinder going on your feet!”
Yes, maybe it was a little loud….
Next time I will wait until he’s a work before going at my feet with the grinder (as he calls it…)
To help keep my freshly sanded feet smooth, I’ve been experimenting with different foot balm recipes. I have found one that I like, have altered it a bit (based on the ingredients I had on hand), and of course I am going to share the recipe with you. My favorite thing about this is that I put it in a deodorant tube so I can easily apply it to my feet without getting my hands all greasy. Once I apply it, I put socks on and either head to bed or go about my morning.
It smells super good because I combine peppermint oil with cocoa butter (which has a slight chocolate aroma). Like I said, I really enjoy it. I even put some in a lip balm tube and use it on my lips. 🙂
Here’s the recipe
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. beeswax
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa butter
- 2 Tbsp. almond oil
- 20 drops or so of peppermint essential oil (depending on your fragrance desires)
Here’s what to do:
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler. (I made my own by putting a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.)
- Add cocoa butter. When cocoa butter is almost melted, stir in almond and coconut oils.
- Turn off heat. Allow to cool a bit and add essential oil. Stir.
- Immediately pour into empty deodorant tubes. I used two deodorant tubes and a lip balm tube. I had to use a pipette to get the mixture into the lip balm tube.
- Once mixture cools and is solid, it is ready to use.
I apply this heel balm to my feet at night, put on some socks, and go to bed. (In the morning I usually find my socks on the floor due to me unconsciously ripping them off at some point during my slumber.)
My feet actually feel great, and they don’t look so dry, even though they are exposed all summer long. 🙂
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policy.