If you are looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth that isn’t soooo bad for you, this is a good one.
I’m currently nursing, and I’m basically hungry all.the.time. 😀
I wanted something to snack on that wasn’t terrible for me, so this is it. All the ingredients are clean ingredients with nothing overly processed or refined.
I make these quite frequently, along with these peanut butter bars. And an added bonus is that my husband and kids like these, too. Healthier desserts for the win! 😉
So here’s what I do….
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey (or pure maple syrup works, too)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Add all ingredients except oats in a medium-sized saucepan. Melt on low heat, stirring until it is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the oats.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop a spoonful at a time onto the baking sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop.
- Store in the fridge. Because of the coconut oil, they will melt if left at room temperature.
- And that’s it. This recipe makes 17-20 cookies, and they disappear fast.
Hope you are having a fantastic day!